One of the ideal ways to build your internet marketing business is through E-mail marketing. Let’s take a look at some of the ways that E-mail marketing is so effective in the online marketing industry.
Why is E-mail Marketing Effective?
- E-mail marketing is one of the quickest ways to gain influence on the internet. Because all it consists of is creating an email and customizing it with the reader’s first or last name. That’s it. Once you click the send button it broadcasts out to thousands of people instantly!
- It is highly scalable. It differs from an ‘offline’ business where the more customers you have the more work you have. It’s much easier because it doesn’t matter the size of your mailing list, it can be 100 or 10,000, you still only have to click to send and everyone on the list gets notified – all for the same amount of effort.
- E-mail marketing is extremely targeted. It is effective at gaining sales because the recipient gets a direct ‘in your face’ kind of promotion. You are able to market directly to the customer through their personal inbox. They will respond with the buyer’s mindset because you firmly grab their attention and they’ve been marketed directly (unlike other advertising where the buyer may not be in the frame of mind to purchase anything).
- It is personal. Autoresponders permit you to customize the E-mails in a way to connect individually with the subscriber. The more you personalize your E-mails the better your results will be.
Use an autoresponder like Get Response to automate many of your tasks. As new opt-in subscribers join your list, you can time your E-mails to build a relationship with each one. Strategize your E-mails indicating what to send them and when to send it to them, and the frequency between each email.
- E-mail marketing is good to use for a pre-sell. Your E-mail may not be able to house a sales letter crammed into it, but you can pre-sell your subscriber and steer them to your website, blog, or sales letter. From there they can see what you’re offering and get them in the right frame of mind before they evaluate your offer.
By building stronger bonds and credibility, you will increase your opt-in list response fairly easily using E-mail marketing.
Building Connections with Subscribers
An ideal way to build your relationship with your subscriber is by strengthening the connection between the two of you. Here are some tips to achieve that:
- Stay in contact with your mailing list. They should hear from you continuously not just when you are promoting a product.
- Know their needs and concerns. You can use questionnaires to get them involved and gain information. Find out what they want you to give them to help with their online business.
- Surprise them with gifts sometimes. These gifts could consist of free membership access, blog templates, graphics, or free reports.
- Be personal. Show them a side of your personal life that would be more interesting then stale E-mails that only talk about product launches.
- Be educational. Anytime you impart something of value to your subscribers, they will see you as an authority and listen to what you have to say. That’s highly beneficial when you want them to ‘listen’ and buy whatever you are selling.
Always put yourself in the shoes of your subscriber and give them as much value as possible and you can be sure to E-mail your way to success!