Have an opt-in email campaign.
Offering an opt-in gift in exchange for their email information is a common practice when you want to learn how to build an email list fast.
People need to know more about you before they will purchase anything.
This is your opportunity to show off what you have and who you are.
Some people refer to the gift as a bribe, a lead magnet, gift or freebie.
What it’s called doesn’t matter.
It’s a free item in exchange for a valid email. This free item must have value to the person requesting it.
Therefore, don’t randomly select something that you have had forever on your hard drive. It needs to be the first step to solving their biggest problem.
People will gladly give you their email information in exchange for something valuable that will help them and be more likely to get to know more about you and your products.
Here are some steps to help you plan your irresistible opt-in gift:
Make it Simple and Easy to Create
Remember, this is to give them a taste of what you have to offer without giving away the entire solution.
- Keep it simple.
- For instance, worksheets, planners, audios, checklists, and videos work well.
- Provide your audience with the answers to a few questions or tips that they can put into action immediately.
Once they have your freebie and use your advice, they will realize that you are an expert and know-how to help them.
Focus on a Pain Point
A pain point is a hurdle or problem that your target audience has. Your opt-in should offer a simple solution, or at least the first step toward a solution.
Being clear on your mission and how you want to help your audience will assist you in knowing what that is. Spend time to research this so you are attracting the right people and understand how you can help them.
When your audience is confident that you know their answers and solutions, they will find you.
Make the Content Evergreen
Focus on your email marketing content. Evergreen content addresses a problem that isn’t likely to go away.
By making your freebie evergreen, you can use it for months and years down the road. This keeps you from having to create and swap out your freebies regularly.
Create a Landing Page for Your Opt-in
There is a massive difference in having a dedicated landing page that has your opt-in offer on it only and using a sidebar or footer to get people to opt-in.
If you stick it somewhere in a box on a page with other content and offers, it can easily get lost in everything going on.
- Use a dedicated landing page removes all distractions and allows your visitors with more information about your freebie.
- Keep it short and straightforward! You don’t want them to have to scroll for eternity just to find the opt-in box.
- Make it quick, easy, and attractive, so they will take action and sign up for your list. Complicated processes will frustrate people, and they can click away and be gone forever.
- Once you have their email information, you can always direct them to your blog, service/product page, or anywhere else you want them to go.
But you have to get their email first!
Promote it Everywhere
Now that you have done your research and have created your freebie, now is the time to begin letting people know about it.
- Once your opt-in page is ready, you can start making social media posts about it.
- Add the link to any podcasts and interview announcement you have coming up and add it to your email signature.
- Don’t forget that last step – adding it to your email signature.
You never know who may be interested in your opt-in offer.
Consider using social media ads or boosted posts to raise awareness of your freebie.
Have you struggled to build a list?
Perhaps you don’t know where to begin. Or, you don’t know if you have the right opt-in gift to entice people to take action and give you their email information.
Time is precious and no one has enough time to go through a massive training package on email list building.
What if you could have an actionable step-by-step process for implementing solutions to build your list fast?
Well, we have the perfect thing to share with you on how to build a massive email list.
It is one of MyNAMS Profit Planner’s modules called Fast Track Your Subscribers and will deliver everything you need to build an email list fast.
You’ll have access to this extremely helpful tool in building lists when you purchase an annual or lifetime access to the membership.
The package includes:
- A Textbook
- An Idea Generator
- A Workbook that guides you through the process
- A Checklist to ensure you don’t miss any steps
- A Tools & Resources guide to help you start with the right tool
- A Calendar to help you implement the system
- An Infographic highlighting the main points suitable for printing out
This is a proven system that works.
Everything you need to build your subscriber list for free is included in the Profit Planners modules.
Just purchase an annual or lifetime access to the membership and you’ll get access to this.